Brigham Young University–Hawaii announced its fall 2023 devotional speakers. This semester, speakers include members of the leadership of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU–Hawaii employees, and other invited guests. Weekly campus devotionals are an important part of the BYU–Hawaii experience. The purpose of campus devotionals is to gather as a campus community for a regular opportunity to experience the influence of the Holy Ghost through student-focused messages centered on the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Campus devotionals are held in the Cannon Activities Center each Tuesday from 11 am to 11:50 am. Devotionals are free and open to the public for in-person viewing. Devotionals can also be viewed live online or later as they are archived on the BYU–Hawaii Speeches website.
Fall 2023 Devotional Schedule
- September 5: John S.K. Kauwe III and Monica S. Kauwe, university president and first lady
- September 12: Rachel Kekaula, director, Counseling Services
- September 19: Jan E. Newman, second counselor in the Sunday School general presidency, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- September 26: Benjamin Hanks, Kahului Hawaii West Stake president
- October 3: Leialoha Benson, Office of Honor advisor
- October 10: L. Todd Budge, Second Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- October 17: Jonathan Warwick, area director, Pacific Church Schools, and Cheryl Bhan, principal, Church College Fiji
- October 24: Jenet Erickson, associate professor, Religious Education, BYU
- October 31: Joseph Plicka, associate professor, Faculty of Arts & Letters
- November 7: Alfred Grace, president and CEO of the Polynesian Cultural Center
- November 14: Esprit Saucier, assistant professor, Faculty of Sciences
- November 21: Steven Tueller, administrative vice president
- November 28: Christmas Devotional