BYU–Hawaii announced Tuesday its winter 2021 devotional and lecture speakers. This semester, speakers include members of the leadership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU–Hawaii employees, and other invited guests. Weekly campus devotionals focus on spiritual learning by fostering greater faith and discipleship in Jesus Christ.
Campus devotionals are held in the Cannon Activities Center each Tuesday from 11 am to 11:50 am. Normally devotionals and the David O. McKay Lecture are free and open to the public. Due to state and university COVID-19 restrictions, in-person attendance is restricted. Instead, the talks can be viewed live online or later as they are archived on the BYU–Hawaii devotionals website. If in-person participation is made available later with the changing COVID-19 situation, the opportunity will be announced via university communication channels.
The David O. McKay Lecture is an annual academic forum established in 1962 to expand academic insight while teaching moral values on a universal stage. One distinguished BYU–Hawaii faculty member is chosen by his or her peers each year to deliver the lecture, continuing the inspired leadership of President David O. McKay. The McKay Lecture is also part of the University's annual Founders Week activities.
- January 12: President John S.K. Kauwe IIII, University President
- January 19: Dr. Royden and Dr. Ember Christensen, Physicians, Health Services
- January 26: Dr. Linda Furuto, Professor of Mathematics Education, UH Manoa
- February 2: T. James Faustino, Director, Hoʻokele Department
- February 9: Dr. Troy Smith, Professor, Faculty of Business & Government (David O. McKay Lecture)
- February 16: Jess Kohlert, Dean/Professor, Faculty of Sciences
- February 23: Elder Robert C. Gay, Presidency of the Seventy
- March 2: President Steven Douglas Imaikalani Nawahine, Stake President, Laie Hawaii Stake
- March 9: Melba Latu, Senior Manager, International Student Services
- March 16: Charles Teriipaia, Manager, Risk Management and Security
- March 23: Elder Kazuhiko Yamashita, General Authority Seventy
- March 30: Michael Aldrich, Library and Academic Success, Joseph F. Smith Library
- April 6: President Taran K. Chun, Stake President, Honolulu Hawaii West Stake